Wednesday, January 7, 2009

"Dumb Dora"?

Had to call Jean to find out how to post. That just shows I may be too old to do this but I'm going to at least try.

CHRISTMAS - My what a Christmas we had. The best part was that we got to be with all our children. They will never know what it means for us to get to see them. They really gave me exactly what I needed - and loved. Libbi a fushia colored sweater coat which I wore on Sunday and got lots of compliments on. Kim a quilt rack which I immediately put together and hung my throws on - it's quite the nifty item. Jean a blanket that everyone should have - it's warm and Tom loves it as much as I do - we don't have to use the spread on the bed anymore because it's so warm - Kerry bath and body works and a pedicure which I'm saving for summer (why hide it under socks) - and Floyd a Kincade print. So you see I must have been good this year.

The most unusual gift of the season was Heather's. It is so unique and looks great in our home. The sentiments are just how I want everyone to feel when they come into our home - Bless all who enter.

Our trip to Florida was lots of fun even though Clemson lost. We toured St Augustine, which everyone should do sometime, and just had a good time in general. It was a long ride but worth the tired bones when we got home.

As the New Year arrived, I thanked God for the blessings of the past year. Each of our children are very special to us and loved very much. Each one has his or her special place in my heart and its amazing how love just continues to grow.

I love reading everyone's blog as at least I feel like I can share in a little piece of each of your lives. I will try and continue to update "Dibbie's Doings". Don't expect pictures. I'm just glad I've learned to do this.

4 comments:

Jean said...

Yea for your first post! You did a great job and I am glad that you had such a great Christmas and a beginning of a new year! I'm glad you like your blanket! I hope we all have a good year in 2009!

kim e said...

Adding pictures is so easy. We will have to give you a lesson on that. Any picture you have on your computer you can upload to you blog. Christmas was wonderful. Thanks for all our gifts too. ( I have been wearing my Happy perfume to see if it keeps me happy!) I carry my lunch box to school too, it sure looks nicer than the Walmart bag I use to use.

Libbi said...

and you can right click on ANY of our pictures on our blogs and then hit save picture and it will be on your computer!! Plus I have lots on my computer that aren't on my blog so I'll bring it next time I come and we'll put some pics on your blog. I love your background (LaNelle has to do mine because I am dumb dora too!)

LaNelle said...

Oh I loved reading your blog post! I totally forgot that you had a blog! I wish I could have been there for Christmas with ya'll...I miss not being there for all of those fun and special family times. Hopefully I'll make it for the big beach fun this summer! Love you!