Thursday, March 5, 2009

HAPPY 70TH BIRTHDAY, TOM!

It's amazing to look at Tom, Daddy Tom, Big T, Tommy and know that we will be celebrating his 70th birthday in a week. He's is one amazing man even though he thinks he's worn out. He has touched so many lives in his 70 years and won the respect, love and admiration of all who have been blessed enough to have been made a part of his life. He loves his family above all else and would do anything he could for them. Nothing makes him happier than when they call or come and he gets to spend time with them or talking to them. His heart is so big and people from a very young age to the older folks feel special in his presence. He treasures his friends and his heart breaks when losing one like John Gibson. His love for God is beyond measure and he shares that love with all he comes in contact with. The world is truly a better place because of his being here. I am so fortunate to be able to call him my husband, my comfidante, my best friend and my "preacher". Happy Birthday to him and may the years ahead be filled with nothing but love and times shared.

3 comments:

kim e said...

Daddy sure has touched so many lives for good. I always say he booms where ever he is planted!
I am so thankful to have a good and kind father who love the Lord and his family.

Jean said...

I am grateful that he is my father and I am thankful for all the lives he touches everyday! I know of his love of the Lord and it makes me so happy! I love you, Daddy...and Happy Birthday!

Libbi said...

I am so glad the party turned out great and was a surprise!!!!! You did it! I love him so and am so thankful for the amazing man he is and that I got to have him for my Daddy! Thank you for making it such a special time for him..I'll see y'all on Thursday!